Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A new video/blog series - wanna chat?

Remember that Spice Girls song from the 90s? "Tell me what you want, what you really, really want?" Well, today's blog post is pretty close to that - "Tell me what you wanna know, what you really, really wanna know." Does that sound like fun?

Lately, I've been thinking about some fun things I could do on my blog that would enable me to interact a bit more with you - my blogreaders and YouTube subscribers and the ScrapGals community. How could I combine the interests of those groups in some sort of activity or video? Some of you might remember that I hosted a couple of Google Hangout Q & A sessions last May for National Scrapbook Day. About 100 of our community members took part in the live discussion, but I was the only one talking. Go figure, right? I had a lot of fun talking with you and answering your questions, so I thought it might be fun to try it again. Couldn't I just do that sort of thing with you when it's not related to NSD? I mean, maybe there are things you'd like to ask that I haven't discussed on the podcast or on my blog, or maybe you want more info about a particular topic. And surely, a video would work as well as a hangout would.

Then I saw on Instagram that the fabulous Andrea Gray (aka retrohipmama) is doing the same sort of thing with a crafty Q& A on her YouTube channel. Btw, you should totally check out her blog for great inspiration and to see her videos. The ones for the Q & A are from late September 2016. (Andrea Gray - retrohipmama) Anyway, I almost talked myself out of it at that point because she is so amazingly talented and adorable.  Then I thought I might still give it another shot since you might want to ask me different things than people asked her.

So, yeah, are there things you've just been dying to ask me? Maybe you want to know about travel or teaching or living in the South or crafting or reading or scrapbooking or stitching. I'm pretty much open to any subject - and if I'm not, I just won't answer that question on video. Haha! I'd love to hear from you so that I could talk about the things that interest you. While we're at it, I should probably ask you if you'd prefer the videos to be thematically arranged or just a hodgepodge? Of course, it's entirely possible that you don't want to hear anything else I have to say and just want me to shut up already. In that case, just don't tell me and hurt my feelings. I'm a delicate snowflake, you know. ;)

If you have questions to share, please post them here, email me at lowdertiff@gmail.com, or message me on Facebook. Maybe I'll have a good response from lots of people and need to come up with another plan, but I think this should work for now. I can't wait to see your questions!

I hope there are things you want to know because I'm kind of excited to hear from you and to get my YouTube groove going a bit more. Maybe we could call it 'Tiff Talk' or 'Let's get Lowder' or "Lowder Logic" or something else equally punny and alliterative? Hahaha - ok, I find that prospect highly entertaining. Who's with me?



16 comments:

  1. Have you decided where you are traveling this summer? How is your new exercise plan going? Any tips on starting out? Have you started on the wedding album? What are your plans for that? Do you think you will add another pet to your family? I could probably think of more, but I am sure there will be others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!I think you and I have a lot of common interests. I have a degree in English Literature and love traveling. I know that my degree really impacts the way I read anything--even though it has been almost 20 years since I graduated. I'm curious if the work you do as an English teacher bleeds into your fun reading. Do you find yourself analyzing texts and pondering what you read or do you just let yourself relax and just enjoy it?

    When did you start traveling? Is it something you have always enjoyed or did you challenge yourself to start traveling? Is it draining to travel with students?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know when you 1st noticed your love for fashion & style? How old were you? What inspired your fashion then & now? Are their places you like to shop? When did you know you wanted to be a teacher? How did you decide what age to teach & what subjects?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant "there" not their. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you see your crafty lifestyle as being something you keep hidden because of the fear of being judged or having to explain yourself? You have mentioned a few times that people at your school do not necessarily know of your "alter persona." I had this happen to me recently where I took a training course with a co-worker. I don't know how but the trainer and I got into a conversation about December Daily which led to us getting giddy that someone else knew our "secret" passion of Memory Keeping. (By the way, I turned her onto the Scrap Gals!!) My male co-worker looked at us like we were crazy and asked the question...you mean you play with paper and pictures? I shut him down quickly on his comments but I feel that I just keep my hobby private at times so I don't have to explain myself.

    Just a topic to maybe get into and discuss. I have friends that have far weirder hobbies so not sure why I get all sensitive on this. As I get older, I do have a more carefree attitude about all this but still get agitated that part of me cares what others think. Love this idea of you tube discussions. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog! How did you manage to keep up on your daisy doris in 2016? Can you share any tips on how to go back and finish them even if I have one unfinished from November, and I didn't really keep any notes from that month. Also, so you have any tips for cross stitchers to actually finish lingering projects? Do you have lingering unfinished stitching projects or do you throw them away if you are no longer excited about a project? What is the largest cross stitch project you have ever completed? Have you ever messed up mid- stitching project, and if so how did you deal with it? Are you keeping any sort of planner for 2017, and if so what kind?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you find the time to do so much when you are working? What made you want to live in another country during your summer breaks? Do you do something crafty every day? Did it take you a while to adjust to living alone?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! I am always wondering what other's processes are? Such as, how do you get inspiration? When you have none, but want to play in your scrap room, what do you do? What is your scrapbook process altogether? Pictures first, product, a story? I know you might have answered some of this on the SG's podcast, but would love for you to dive a bit deeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to also let you know that I am excited that your are extending our time with you! Love listening to you so it is exciting to know we might get more scrappiness goodness, knowledge and laughs! (My fav....you and the floor issue. I swear I listened to it 10 times! I also had my mother, daughter and my husband listen as well. Tears of laughter!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to hear about how you will use your planner and TN in 2017. What do you use? What's your process? How often do you work on them? What goes in each? How does traditional scrapbooking fit in with them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog and since I live in Owensboro, I enjoy discussions about local things; I come to BG several times a year and I even checked out Chuy's in Nashville and loved it. I am also an avid reader so I enjoy hearing about good books. Love to listen about anything scrappy. I work more than full time and volunteer at church and hang out with my extended family so I often read items on social media but do not comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a couple of questions about your teaching. Did you ever take Latin in school? I took a year of it in high school and am still surprised how it has helped me over the years understanding definitions of some words. Is it still useful to an English teacher. Also, do you teach mainly grammar or literature? I had an English teacher who was big on poetry, so we had to memorize a new poem every week. That was OK, but I never really got into liking Shakespeare. If you teach both, which do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thought of another question. You posted a picture a while ago showing some books you had bought at a used book sale. One of them was Pope Joan. Did you ever read it, and what did you think about it? A good story, but doubtful on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You may not want to answer this and find it too personal, but I would love to know how you and the fella met! And like another gal asked, how do you find time to do all you do? I come home from work and am wiped out! Jersey Girl Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to know more about the nuts and bolts about your travels -- how do you find a good place to stay that won't break the bank, how and when do you book your travel plans, what travel guides do you find give you the best info about day trips. And how do you do it all without knowing the language?

    Most of my travel has been in the US, Canada, and China. My most challenging trip was a trip to Germany -- maybe because I was traveling with my mom and sister. I am ethnically German, but felt the most out of place there.

    ReplyDelete