Monday, July 21, 2014

Scrapbook haul - shopping goodness

Here are a few goodies that I've snagged in the last couple of weeks.I thought y'all might want to see my goodies.

This first batch is from a brief stop I made at a semi-LSS. They didn't have a lot of products that were new, but I did snag these Simple Stories papers and a piece of London paper that I love.

This batch represents a few things I ordered from Scrapbook.com the first time around - yes, there has been more than one order recently. (This is a non-judgement zone, remember?) I've been wanting these Heidi Swapp mini stencils ever since Tracie Claiborne oohed and aahed over them. Well, I tried to use them, and um, I'm stencil challenged. Must watch some tutorials or something. I also want to play around with those photo crops, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. I'm waiting on my next order from them; the first time the order came super quickly, but this second round has taken a bit more time. Either way, I'm sure I'll love what I ordered. :)

A quick trip to the local Mighty Dollar resulted in these goodies coming home with me. It's a hodge-podge of items, but at a total price of $6, I just couldn't resist.

Tracie and I split a couple of paper packs from Michael's - that's how I racked up with all of these Dear Lizzie and Amy Tangerine papers. They were in 8.5 X 11 paper packs and are just one-sided, but the weight of the papers is very nice. I'm super pleased with our bargain. Since the packs were on sale and we split them, I think it maybe cost us each $5 total. That's great for 60 pieces of paper!


Based on Tracie's recommendation, I also placed a small order at Blue Moon Scrapbooking Their customer service rocks! They emailed me thanking me for my order, shipped it within 2 hours of my placing it, and even called me the next day in thanks. I only ordered a few things that I wanted an additional piece of or that I had somehow missed in previous orders, but they're definitely a site that I'll use again based on this experience.

My largest recent order was placed at A Cherry on Top. At first, I was really bummed because one corner of all my paper seemed slightly bent all the way through, but I'm happy to report that it quickly smoothed out once I had the order out of the packaging and weighted down on my table. I'll definitely order from them again because their selection and prices are great; next time, I might add a quick note to my order regarding being careful about shipping the paper perfectly flat.  As you can see, there are lots of October Afternoon, Simple Stories, and other goodies here.



Yes, I've done quite a bit of shopping online in the last couple of weeks, but that's okay. I have a tendency to shop in spurts. Of course, this means that I need to get busy and make some pages, right?

What awesome things have you purchased lately? Have you made anything with the new product yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment